Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My experiences in Montana

Last Wednesday night, my family and I packed up and went to the train station. We left the station at 11:00, and arrived in Havre, Montana at 3:30 on Thursday afternoon. We were welcomed warmly by Daniel and Katie, my cousins, and Thomas, my uncle. We drove to their house above the town and were greeted very enthusiastically by their dog Leia.Then my aunt Dee got there. During the next few days, we herded about 120 cows, and branded about 50. We played with Play-Doh with Daniel (who is 3). We even went to a restaurant called the Grateful Bread. We came back to Minneapolis today, just in time for (gulp) school.

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting experience! Being able to travel by train sounds like a lot of fun. Had you ever gotten to work cows before? I live in an area that has a lot of working cattle farms, but I have never had the opportunity to work them.

    Mr. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Wm Chamberlain: No, this is my first time herding cows.

    ReplyDelete